the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Monday, June 18, 2007

TiVo food

Did you know corn syrup was the main ingredient in Red Vines? Big surprise there. I love the Food Channel. I especially love the Food Network on TiVo!!!!!!!!! I can watch and watch and watch my favorite shows WHEN I WANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in heaven. [sigh]

And I bought another power tool last weekend. I am 'really' in heaven!!! I was supposed to be using a gift certificate to purchase a piece of stained glass art I found in downtown Chicago in April. Well, wouldn't ya know it, by the time I got down there last Sat, the piece was gone and none of the others tripped my trigger, so I took myself back to town to run errands... and one of the errands involved buying a 1x4"x6' board and getting the guy at the store to cut it up for me (my other choice was a hand saw at home-ugh- not outside at 90+ degrees!). And while I stood there waiting for the cut man... I thought.... what if I spent the gift certificate on a TOOL??? a POWER TOOL???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly wet myself as I motored to the next store where they had the brands I wanted to drool over. I now own a Ryobi 18volt 5.5 inch trim saw and 2 batteries. I am in love!

Amazing how little it takes to make me happy, huh?

TaTa for now... time to go read 'The Family Handyman' and 'ShopNotes'.

Anata no koto wo kangaeteiru, cdm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home