the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Tender toofs

Ma teefe hurt. 'n dey don' fee-o righ. Eveytime I go to da den-ist I tink he resurfaces all ma teefe so I bite funny fo' a foo day.... tings dentists do to amuse demselfs and run up da bill. Aldough, today was less den las' time.... by 30 bucks. Woo-pee...

I don't know how Mom goes and gets teefe drilled without novicaine!! Yeah, I don't like the 'caine hangover either, but IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!! I almost came out of the chair last time he drilled with not-quite-enough juice.

But now my 6 almost baddest black fillings (which I thought gave me a slightly rakish look... pirate-like maybe... 'Aye, sweetie, come here 'n have a lookie in me mouph... black teefe just like me black soul....' Okay, maybe not) are gone and replaced with polymers. White/yellow whatever-the-heck-color-my-teefe-are polymers. I guess it looks better. I haven't spent much time in there yet tonight. It hurts. The 4 baddest of the bad need crowns (make mine gold with encrusted rubies...)... and root canals.... Ugh!

Drilling was quite the little mining operation today. The bit looked like 20 grit sandpaper magnified to the nth degree... I could have stuck a whole finger into the grooves on the bit. And when he cut loose with it.... whew the chunks of silver stuff did fly... out of my mouth, up my nose, at the dentist, all over my tongue (which was gagging and protesting up a storm). I thought for sure, he hit granite in there... All three of the teeth were like that (hey, the novicaine must be wearing off!)... chunks, chunks, chunks. I was beginning to wonder if I had any toofs left at all!

But I am done for now. Umm.. well, for the next 2 weeks or so. The extraction is on Sept 10. Yahoo, zippy. I am soooo (not) excited about that.

I think when I added up all the projected work on my mouth I came up with a $15,000 bill or so... OUCH!! I think this will take a few years....

Or, I will just get crowns as the teefe break off and require root canals...

Or maybe I'll just file them down myself and chew with nubs.

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry that your teefh hurt! :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home