the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Extraction distraction

The day is fast approaching when I will start to resemble trailer trash. The grand extraction of tooth #21, due to dry rot, will commence on September 10 at 3:30 in the afternoon.

You're all invited.

Chuck said if I brought it home and put it under my pillow, there may be monetary compensation involved. (Although probably not enough to cover the cost of the removal.)

It is weird, is it not? That peculiar feeling that bubbles out when vanity strikes. After years of glibly telling one and all that I really don't give a rats ass about what other people think of me (envision grubby clothes going to the grocery store, unvarnished toenails regularly hanging out of sandals, hair that doesn't get combed-no, not even once-during the day, etc.) I find myself wanting to hide behind my lovely sandalwood fan for six months.

I made the appointment with the orthodontist today. Two weeks after the death of tooth #21, (sounds like a mine accident) I will once again be sporting BRACES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, one brace. From tooth #20 to tooth #22 to keep the hole open until the crown can be placed ..... 6 months from now.

I WILL BE TOOTHLESS FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That will be me.. in the back of all the pics with her mouth closed. (A first, to be sure...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home