the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day One...

Today is the first full day at home in 10 years without a little furball or 2 winding around my leg, getting in the way when I walk down the hall, running from the vacuum cleaner, meowing for treats... It feels a little sterile here. The cat tree
is still in the living room with the feather toy hanging off it... but most of the other toys are put away.








Sierra moved to Kate's house yesterday morning amidst lots of tears and loud "Mommy, I'm not happy" meows. I know Kate will love her as much as I do... but it's a little unsettling to come home and not have my purr-kitty meet me at the door... to not feel her jump on the bed in the middle of the night... to not feel her against my leg as I fall asleep... to not see her little paws creep over the arm of my chair as she whines about sitting in my lap.

I keep telling myself it's only for a month.. that she will be back because something didn't work out at Kate's... too much hair, too much scratching, too much fighting with the resident cat, Lily.... but Kate was serious when she looked at me and said that she fully expects this to be a permanent move for Sierra.

I know this is the right decision... to go to someone I know and trust is far better than going to someone I don't know. Kate says I can come visit any time... I think I will wait a few days until she gets acclimated and I can quit sniffling all the time.

On the bright side... at least Chuck will be able to spend time at my place not worrying about where he sits and what he touches... that will be a change for the better.

In the mean time, I think I will go wallow in one of the five stages of grieving...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home