the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Nature's Alarm Clock

Well... Mother Nature made herself known this morning... she rolled in just past 6:30 this morning and all hell broke loose. BB got up to close the windows (he is *such* a dear!!) and shortly thereafter the mother of all thunderclaps resounded in the house. Didn't think much of it, although BB says the power went out and he had to go downstairs and reset the GFI for the upstairs.

Didn't think much of it. Layed there and dozed cuz I knew the alarm would soon sound. Had the earplugs in. Thought I heard sirens.

Decided it was a daydream.

Alarm went off. Staggered to bathroom. Saw the flashing red lights bouncing around the walls. Oops.... not a daydream. The neighbor's house was SMOKIN'!! Got hit by lightening. It was impressive! It hit the townhouse row adjacent to mine.. 2 houses over from my roof (a 2 story house), jumped down to the one story end townhouse, traveled along the roofline and exited the shingles (which look decidedly frayed!) and maybe hit my building? Am not sure but that is when the GFI went off. And the cable modem got fried. And the ethernet port on the desktop quit working. Oops. (I gotta get the picture thingie working.... Chuck was busy snapping away)

Watched the firemen chop holes in the roof for a while and gathered up the modem and headed for work.
Which leads me to now. This will be the last blog until at least Thursday night, probably the weekend... Don't know if I will get reconnedted tonight at home and am leaving town for 4 days tomorrow morning. If I have internet access I will scribble. If not, I won't.

Pretty prosaic, huh?

1 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss thunderstorms! They don't happen much in Socal.

Love the blog!
your cousin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home