the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

I went both ways...

Well.. in the interest of science, I tried it both ways today.

While sitting around and finding that I was rather bored in a bathroom with stalls today and knowing that I was totally alone (the heavy breather from the office down the hall was mercifully absent) I decided (with the intention of giving the Senator the benefit-of-the-doubt) to try the "wide stance" he is claiming to have taken whilst in a similar environment. All I can say is...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

From that particular position (which, I am sure, has something to do with the peculiar angles of the seat (which tend to roll your hips in, toward the midline) and the height of the bowl and probably the relative alignment of Uranus), getting my feet over to the walls of the stall (or even in the vicinity of) HURTS! My hips (wide, tho they may be) just don't bend in that direction! By the time I got my feet planted, my knees were knocking and my pelvis was beginning to wonder what it would look like with an open book fracture. Well...

that couldn't possibly have been the position Senator Craig had assumed... so I tried it from the other direction.. faced the throne and spread those legs (good thing I had a really really full skirt on today) at which point I lost my balance and ... well.... we'll leave it there.

I feel gipped... I didn't even get to tap my toes....

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home