the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

In politics I drown.....

It's funny how your views color what you "hear" when you listen to someone speaking the opposite of what you think.

I'm tired of the POW line of defense.

But I can't get enough of 'I was born a poor black child'

After 4 days, I am tired of the moose-butchering unwed mother from Alaska.

But I love the guy who took the train home to Delaware every night.

I thought the speeches last week were smoothly delivered, even those given by the 'real' people, like Barney Smith.

I am not happy with the quoting of scripture and overt display of crosses this week.

I was happy with the mostly secular nature of last weeks speeches.

And really, we have 'In God We Trust' scribbled all over our money... a few 'God Bless America's' seem okay.

I liked the laundry list Barak posted last Thursday... I wonder what John will come up with that won't sound like more of the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home