the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Here comes your next...

SUGAR COMA.
Good heavens... I wonder what my blood sugar was today...

sugar I think I have eaten everything in this photo at least once.. maybe 6 or 7 times...

I started yesterday... Actually, yesterday was pretty good... Hard boiled egg, english muffin and banana. A little skim milk and coffee and I was off to a good start.
Then came the custard filled bismark (my all-time favorite). Then the Grapeheads. And some Twizzlers. Some Hershey's miniatures. Arrived at Mom's for the weekend... added some peanut M&M's, chocolate chips and ice cream to the mix.
Today started with more M&M's. Then came the cookies. And the dark chocolate peanut M&M's from Wal-Mart. And the Frosty for lunch. And the chocolate covered almonds. And birthday cake with strawberries, whipped cream and ice cream. And more peanut M&M's. And pistachios.
My pancreas must be screaming right about now... I wonder if my A1c will show a spike? I can't imagine what my blood sugar soared to.

I do not recommend eating this way for extended periods of time. I'm pretty sure it's bad for your health. But... peanut M&M's are *always* at Mom and Dad's house. AND, it's Dad's birthday celebration... (I know, excuses,excuses).

But it sure tasted good....

So now it's off to bed to let all that sugar turn into fat!

FatMoose

(cable modem is still out... no blog Sunday.. maybe Monday, definitely Tuesday)

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, I loved this one. I think you ought to submit these to Readers' Digest - you are as funny as Mary Roach is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home