the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Of race and rubbers....

We went to town the other night...

zipped home from work, put the long undies on, the insulated sox, the dog sledding-arctic mittens and big fat fluffy parka and motored down to the train station.....

Chuck met me there.....

on the train we hopped (when it stopped and opened the doors-not hobo style-too hard to jump up in the big fluffy parka)

up to the upper deck we clambered

seats we did take

and what to my wondering eyes did appear?

a sight I'd not seen in many a year....

a man wearing rubbers!!

Rubber galoshes, that is!

overshoes

It was so cute and I wanted to say something to him so bad.... but I figured if he was astute enough to wear overshoes, he was probably one of those expensive, hand-cut eye-talian suit guys that wouldn't share my excitement as he protected his $900 leather eye-talian shoes.

But why the trip down town? We (read, I) decided on day last week that I wanted to go see a play and I dragged Chuck with me. He wasn't too thrilled but in the end said he was glad he had come and the play was good. I thought it was great... we saw the national tour of Twelve Angry Men with Richard Thomas and George Wendt. I highly recommend it. It amazes me every time I go to theater how diverse the audience is... age, gender, race, color, creed, orientation, you name it, it was represented. I wondered tho, during the times when the play was at it's racial bigotry/hatred worst, what the nice black couple sitting across from us thought. He of the beverskin oversized-brim fedora and fur coat to match. (Natty dresser, tho I don't cotton to real fur so much these days - BTW, I will be un-contributing to the global impact of China next weekend when I return the cashmire sweaters I purchased for Kay and I. They are too itchy to wear. However, Kay did mention that now she wondered if expensive -vs $15- cashmire would be less itchy and should we investigate that?) I forgot to look and see if they were clapping at the end.
TwelveAngryMen Go see it if you have the chance.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Richard Thomas is coming to GR with the play. I might have to go and see it.

Love, Sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home