the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fun with Food

Week 2 of Weight Watchers.

I remember why I quit going.

It's the rah-rah meetings.

I ...

Um...

I... (what the heck is the right word? I don't' HATE them. I don't really dislike them. I'm just not that INTO them.) I find them distasteful. Although, tonight's meeting wasn't too bad. Discussed ways to cut calories in foods. I thought up low cal tomato sauce... dump can of diced tomatoes in food processor, add spices to taste, frappe. Ta-da! Tomato sauce. Or drain the tomatoes and discard the juice for a thicker sauce. Add a touch of Splenda... Spaghetti sauce. Not bad.. leader said she would try it ... asked me if I had, I said no, I just thought it up here. Hmmm... maybe I should be a foodie??!! HAHAHAHAHA Just joking.

I didn't care for the leader at my last venue. Maybe that was it. But, after lunch at KFC, key lime cheesecake, Portillos and birthday cake 2 days in a row, I am down 4.8 pounds. Whooppee!!! Jayne, maybe I will fit into that dress by the time the wedding comes!! I have until May. (p.s. - I have a fitting on Saturday.)

Actually cooked dinner for me and the man last night. Chicken and leeks with raisin studded couscous. Not bad. Needed a little less cooking time for chicken and a little more spice. Will add other things next time. Garlic, maybe. hee hee hee

Am reading the most fascinating book by Alton Brown. "I'm Just Here For the Food v2.0". I love it!! He does the science of cooking in the most amazing and readable way!! i plan to collect all his books. I may even try a recipe or two! I have caught him on the Food Network (Good Eats) a few times and loved every show. Alton keeps me company on the weekends when Chuck has the kids. (hee hee) At least he's not fattening! And he had the instructions to make microwave popcorn in a bag using my popcorn and my lunch bags. Staples really don't catch fire in the microwave!! YIPPEE!!

Lator, Gators!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home