the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Why I do what I do...

Ahh, Friday..... late getting off work.... Significant other is out drinking with the boys.... I opted to stay home where I am basking in the sound of Handel's Water Music plying my keyboard by monitor light and little else.

Alone time is always to be cherished.

Today was the reason I took this job. I had a BLAST at work!!! I got involved in editing the teaching material for our new application and I got totally lost in the project and LOVED IT!!!!! The content is solid and the people I turned the first draft over to were appreciative. (They will be teaching me and my cohorts the new application from that packet on Monday.... too kewl! )

AND.... I got an email from the educator in OB asking for my help in putting together the proposal for a new computerized documentation system in Labor and Delivery... I AM TOTALLY OVER THE MOON ON THIS ONE!!! I am on a committee now that is developing the new Project Management Methodology plan for the hospital and when I called the committee chair (our Project Manager!) and asked to use our (not-quite-approved-yet) forms... she said YES!! and gave me direction on what to do once the form was filled out.... I am SOOOOO excited! I meet with the educator on Tuesday.

I love my job!!!

Have a great weekend... it's snow snow snow mixed with frizzle for us in Chicago this weekend.... Think I may just curl up on Chuck's couch and read a book or two.

Lator, Gators....

1 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

It's great when you love your job, isn't it? :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home