the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sweet sounds

I am the very proud owner of my very first Queen Latifah CD.... Trav'lin' Light.

It's heavenly. No rap, just covers of some very nice standards...

From the website, aceshowbiz.com, "Still on the heels of “The Dana Owens Album” that sports jazz vibe, rapper-turner singer Latifah will cover songs associated with Peggy Lee, Nina Simone, Sarah Vaughn, Mary Wells, Roberta Flack, Phoebe Snow and Etta James among others." The forgot to mention Billie Holiday... I think I may have to go out and get "The Dana Owens Album"....

I am in love with this music..... go listen for yourself!

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love CBS Sunday morning. My thought after seeing the interview with Queen Latifah was "I've got to get this cd". Looks like we are on the same page sis.

It is on the list for this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home