the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Self Destruction...

I have got to quit this.. I am scaring myself.... Yesterday, I went to the Farmer's Market and loaded up on corn and blueberries and tomatoes and radishes and celery and and and....

However... while I was doing all this picking up at the various stands.. I managed to set down the bag (the reusable ones you buy at the market) with the blueberries and, you guessed it, I left it sitting on the ground.

I finally remembered this last night just as I was falling asleep and it has been bugging me ever since.

So... I just rewarded myself with permission to go to Costco and replace the blueberries (not as good, but the price is right)... I have been working on a work project diligently all weekend and thought I deserved a break (and besides, Costco closes in an hour).

I got up, put on some decent clothes, got my shopping bags, diet Pepsi and purse and out the door I went. I made it as far as the sidewalk right outside the door.

That's when the left brain took over and reminded me in-no-uncertain-terms that I had enough nectarines and raspberries in the fridge to cause 5 days worth of diarrhea and the LAST thing I needed was MORE FRUIT.

So I turned around, got back into comphy clothes and am back in front of the computer to finish my work work.

Is this a sign of maturity?????

If so, will someone please send directions for it's destruction???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home