the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Long time, no ramble...

Okay... I got the munching on pineapple thing going for me.... bought one yesterday at the Marion Market down here in Florida... man, is that pineapple good... it makes you wonder why you eat the canned stuff...

Little sister says if she wins the lottery she will take me back to St. Johns for 2 weeks... I like that..

Long time, no type. Hmm... this seemed like such a good idea at the time... May of 2005.. three and a half years ago. I really admire people who do this regularly. Takes long term dedication (which I lack). I do better with short time lines and deadlines.. I love deadlines... you should have seen me crank out a quilt with the deadline of Christmas. That I didn't start until the first weekend in December. It turned out pretty okay.. well, except for the little mishap with the backing. I should post pictures. Except that I can't from here in sunny Florida cuz they are all at home in cold snowy Illinois. ooohh... wait, my sister has one.. let me see here...
This is bestest boyfriend with his quilt. He seems to like it. A lot. I am happy. I work well with deadlines. hee hee hee.. Although we didn't see much of each other during December because I was always sewing sewing sewing. Oh, well. This month will be better.

We spent a lovely quiet New Years together gathering up all my albums and old 45's. He is going to copy them to CD for me...SWEET!!! What a great Christmas gift... We have had fun listening to some of the junk my sister and I collected back in the 70's and 80's. Anyone remember Ronco records? Got one of them. How about K-Tell? Got a couple of them! How about Shawn Cassidy? Yep, got 2 of the same kind by him. It's an interesting collection.

Bestest boyfriend offered to copy 45 albums.

I showed up with 200.

oops...

he's doing them anyway.

While I am in Florida.

Have I ever mentioned what a great guy he is? Well, he IS!

Wow... it's almost 9 am and the rest of the house is still sleeping. I want breakfast. We decided to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast this morning. I can hear hashbrown casserole calling my name. LOUDLY. It may be time to start rattling around to wake them up. hmmm... we were all up late reading....

anyone know where I can get computer keyboard key stickers? Mom types so much she has worn the letters off the keys, and she has a split (wave) keyboard which I can't type well on, and I am mistyping almost every word ... I have to look. Except everything is blank. Maybe I will just let the typos flow. Wheich woiuld make for some ingeresting reading. I think. Or not. Okay, I do fine with smallworkds. Or not. Maybe I will just continue to backspace.,

Food. I need food. That's why I can't type. I haven't eaten in almost 12 hours. My brain is starving. Although, given what I ahve stuffed into my mouth since I got here, I shouldn't eat for another month. It has been nothing short of a food fest... the trip to the market yesterday netted a pineapple (almost gone), strawberries (half gone), cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes, oranges, grapefruit. We are fruiting ourselves to death. But it sure tastes great! Not so bad a diet, say you? Well, then there is the (never-ending supply of) chocolate, Jelly Bellies, cinnamon twisty snacky thingies, more chocolate, coconut shrimp, ice cream, angel food cake (with strawberries and whipped cream and ice cream) and subs from the Firehouse Sub Shop, and and and... you get the idea. I may want to purchase another ticket for the airplane ride home just so I fit in the seat... sheesh... Hopefully, my Wii Fit will get my butt in gear when I get home.

Or not....





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home