the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

The drought runs wild!

dead plantHmmm...... my blog is getting to look like the plants around here..... We had rain on the 4th, hard and didn't sink in much, and spotty... it poured at BBs place and barely got wet at mine. I hope Dennis delivers on Tuesday!!

Well, let's catch up, shall we? The 4th and the parade. It was lovely!! The view was fun (11 stories up) and it was a HUGE parade. About an hour and a half. Fortunately, I had a coffeepot (and bathroom) close at hand. I took tons of pics, which I intended to post here (they even had a float with square dancers on it!) but I failed to operate BBs digital camera correctly and only took one pic. Rats. Guess I need to go out and get one of my own and read the directions!

All the people who use I-355 and I-290 will be happy to know I am no longer driving 55. I keep up with traffic once again! (Wouldn't that be a kick in the head... get pulled over and get ticketed for driving 55 in a 45 work zone and another ticket for obstructing traffic for driving 55. That would be my luck!)

I see NBC is using the "You don't know psychiatry" clip from the stupid short movie star to promote their cutting edge interviews. BLECH! May be time to switch to CBS.

I think I am getting lazy. I just came off an unscripted vacation, worked a total of 3.5 days this week and decided to not make any *to do* lists for the weekend. A couple friends of mine are in Chicago to go bike riding tonight. I was planning on going. *Was* being the key word. I just couldn't work up any enthusiasm and the bike is covered in sawdust. And I didn't feel like staying up all night (then I would **really*** not get anything done) to ride... it starts at 1:30 am and goes till dawn. We did it a few years ago and had a blast. -sigh- maybe next year.

Although, I will say that this weekend isn't a total waste. I finally sat down and did the tutorial for the website building program I have and I should have my new trauma nurse site up ..... ummmm ..... soon..... maybe tomorrow??? or if not tomorrow, next weekend. It's amazing how fun it is to create that stuff when you know how all the tools work! sheesh....

And, I installed a ceiling fan in the dining room (only room besides the kitchen and bath that has an overhead light). I can't believe I bought a place with no electric boxes in the ceiling. Now I get to pay for an electrician to come and string wires and pound in boxes. Rats some more. I also put in a new light switch (the old dimmer wouldn't have worked well). Man, was that a piece of work. It looked like there were 85 or so wires stuffed into the wall behind the dimmer. And not a black and white for me, but red and black. The white ones were stuffed in the back of the box. Have no idea where they go/went. But, the fan seems to be doing fine. It doesn't wobble. All the speeds work. The lights light up. And the switch in the wall hasn't caught fire (yet).

Have you ever noticed how cute sleeping catz are? (giggle) And how well behaved?

My friend who flew off the motorcycle is doing well. She was scheduled to be discharged from rehab this weekend. Her dad says she is doing very well and should be well enough to go back to work part-time in a couple of months. She has many months of out-patient rehab to do, but at least her brain things seem to be all intact!

Oh, yeah.... the job interview?? Those people are more disfunctional than a Jerry Springer family. I think I'll opt out this time around. Too bad.... it would have been a cool place to work.

(yawn) Time to go to bed. BB didn't shut off his alarm yesterday and it went off at 7:15 this morning. I am pooped.

More RATs later....

1 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

Jerry Springer Hospital? ((g)) Their loss. Don't waste yer time.

Hope you get lots of rain tomorrow. I sent it up your way, special-like.

hugs,
FLA ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home