the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Hot Days Dressing

Nev-ah, and I mean NEV-AH wear a one-size-too-small dress in denim on a 90+ degree day.

What an idiot.

It wasn't painful. Just constantly uncomfortable. I have put on 2-too-many pounds for this dress. Which is a shame, because I love the dress.... It's a sleeveless A-line in lightweight blue denim that ends with a flare at the just-below-knee-lenght hem. It's topped by a tiny bolero short sleeved, collared jacket with a lattice of pintucks and tiny embroydered flowers. I love this dress. And at 10 pounds lighter, I look good in this dress. That was not today, however.

Today the jacket's sleeve seams gnawed on my armpits. And the A-line that starts to flare out just below the nipped-in waist-didn't flare *quite* enough. Without a CONSCIOUS effort to suck-it-in, the skirt rode up over my hips. And the arm holes were cut a tad too generous forcing me to wear a 20-year-old bra that I sort of outgrew a few years ago (18 years maybe?) because it's the only one I own that doesn't show.

But other than that, it fits fine.

Sigh. 10 pounds between and a dress that hangs without hanging up.

Guess I'll finish my ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home