the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Monday, September 18, 2006

....

Another week turned to dust. Literally. Dry wall compound dust. In my hair. Grinding my teeth down. Peeling skin off my hands. Grit. The house is covered in it. But it's over... I am at BBs house and the air filters are (hopefully) doing their thing. I go home tomorrow to scrape and tape the stairs, maybe paint the trim in the kitchen and lower bath. Wednesday I hope to paint the upper bath trim. Thursday is like tonight... a night off. I have been working so much on the house I haven't read anything for over a week except e-mail at breakfast. I even turned down a sure-win offer to play Scrabble tonight. All I wanted was peace and quiet.

And I got it. BB is at his computer typing away. I am at mine typing away. The windows are open and the traffic noise wanders in on the delightful 65 degree breeze. No music. No TV. Lots of newspaper. Lots of magazines. Lots of blogs. Early bedtime.

Tomorrow is back to the grind with TPT (trailer park trash, a person whom I see at work every darn day....) Am waiting fairly impatiently for the day I can be independent.

Lator Gators.... LET FREEDOM RING.... or at least show up on my doorstep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home