the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

rambles....

Good heavens... the older I get the faster time goes.... Just in case it gets by me... Merry Christmas, Everyone!!!

I can't figure out what I am doing with my time. Certainly not unpacking. The boxes are multiplying while I am at work. Or the cat is inviting people to use my apartment as a storage unit. Hard to tell. Finally found the dryer softener sheets tonight... at least one load will be static free.

Tomorrow I will spend a significant amount of time creating a "to do" list for the weekend... I feel like there are a thousand things to get done... and I am equally sure most of the tasks are totally unnecessary. Oh, well. What else is new?

Chuck is watching a most depressing show.... a PBS offering showing how Wal-Mart is taking over the world and driving all jobs out of the US and into China. Lets blame everything on Wal-Mart. They drove Rubbermaid out of business. Circleville, OH has died. Wal-Mart is killing us via China.

Is this just another business cycle? Will China implode and jobs move back here or will Wal-Mart move to India?

Or maybe we could vote into office someone who will enforce the fair trade agreements. Or re-write them. I don't know much about trade agreements, but I don't see why we get to pay tariffs to foreign countries in order to sell our goods there but they don't have to pay to sell here? I don't get that.

Except for fresh food, I think 95% of what I purchase was made in China.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ LIGHT BULB }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I just figured out how China is going to take over the world.....

lead poisoning.

Their stuff is always being recalled because of high lead levels.

We are all going to die from lead poisoning....

Watch for symptoms....

The symptoms of lead poisoning may include:
Irritability
Aggressive behavior
Low appetite and energy
Difficulty sleeping
Headaches
Reduced sensations
Loss of previous developmental skills (in young children)
Anemia
Constipation
Abdominal pain and cramping (usually the first sign of a high, toxic dose of lead poison)
Very high levels may cause vomiting, staggering gait, muscle weakness, seizures, or coma

Excuse me while I retire to the bedroom to take my headache medicine, laced with sleeping medicine and wash it down with milk of mag so I can have the 'movement of the day' first thing in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home