the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'm late, I'm late...

for a very important date. I feel like I should be wearing a black beaver top hat and a bunny tail. Time doesn’t go far enough. It doesn’t last long enough. I can’t seem to get everything done. Some days I can’t seem to get anything done. Which leads to a sense of failure. Which leads to depression.

Which is cured by chocolate. Heh heh heh

Which is why the scale is not going down. Oops.

Today in the office things were going so-so… not as fast through the everyday paperwork as I would have liked, but I finished it and got started on the project I need to have finished in the next couple of weeks. Popped out of the office into the ER for just a minute to help a medic with some equipment. Was almost back into the office when one of the nurses came barreling down the hall asking for help in that really-hurried-all-hell-is-breaking-loose kind of voice. So I headed back to the ER and all hell broke loose. Sort of… not sure just what happened. Too many patients not moving out of beds, too many patients needing 1:1 nursing care… the incoming patient wound up needing 2 of us. Stayed out there for an hour or so and then back to the office.. just in time to realize I missed the cutoff for the cafeteria… by an hour. On the day I failed to bring lunch with me. Oh, well. Went to the little coffee shop and paid through the nose for a sandwich.

It was good. I liked the Munster cheese.

Got back to the office and ate and IM’d with Mom and finally got back to work. Got really excited when 4pm came around ‘cuz I thought I could go… then realized I wasn’t scheduled to leave until 5. What a letdown. Isn't in funny how some days fly and some drag and it never seems to work out the way you wish it would.

Once home, I faced the dreaded “LIST”. So much to do, so little time. Worked my butt off and feel like I got nothing done. Cleaned and worked out, started the laundry… and looked at the “LIST”. Clean the shower (umm, maybe this weekend), cut cat nails (not a good idea right now-will do that on the weekend), paint the baseboards (I took the old ones off when the exterminator came-he did a lovely job with the ants. Should have called sooner. Baseboards… the old ones were weird… like they were made from Styrofoam. I tossed them. Bought some nice wood ones. Didn’t take the easy way out and get the pre-finished ones. I am stupid.), what else… oh, watch the video of Sunday Morning (done-I get the important stuff done), vacuum (done-at least the downstairs-will do the upstairs this weekend), change sheets (can’t-the other ones are in the laundry-will do this weekend-I am sensing a theme here.), add 'caulk windows' to the list… when I was out taking care of my new grass I noticed I could get water into the basement.. oops… gotta fix that; do bills (done). Crud. I didn’t get much done.

And now BB is here and we need to eat dinner.

I am out of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home