the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Popcorn and a movie

It's Julia Roberts night at the movies. First, Pretty Woman and now Stepmom. I haven't seen Pretty Woman in a long time. I like the line she says towards the end. "I want the fairy tale."

I want the fairy tale, too. I have the fairy tale. I have BB.

But I worry that in my fairy tale I will wind up being the wicked step-mother instead of Cinderella. And that the children and their mother will hand me poison apples or prick my fingers with spindles so I will go away.

Or, worse yet, they will be indifferent to me and nothing else. At least dislike in an active emotion that you can work with.

It may be too soon to worry about this.

I'll go back to my popcorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home