the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Galveston, oh Galveston

Galveston, oh, Galveston, I can hear your sea winds blowing, I can hear your sea waves crashing. And all reporters yakking, and their equipment falling, and their satellites failing....

Rita's on the run, attacking Galveston......

I got the weirdest urge to go to Galveston this morning. Between the time I left home and the time I got to the fire station to teach I was totally fired up about going down south to ride out the hurricane. Made for a very interesting class....

Totally irrational. I am sitting here doing Rita 24/7. I still wanna go. I'll wave at Dr. Maddox on my way through Houston.

....I can see me standing by the water,
standing there looking out to sea,
Will Rita wait for me,
On the beach where I long to run.....

(dunn-dunn)
GALVESTON, OH GALVESTON...
I am so afraid of missing,
The hurricane you're kissing,
Before I watch your palm trees flying in the fun
Of hurricaned Galveston!!!!!

I have gone totally around the bend.....

1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

Actually, you sound quite like Glen in my head.

Too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home