the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Friday, September 02, 2005

In my own little corner, in my own little chair.....

I sit in my air conditioned house. I ride around with a full gas tank in my air conditioned truck. I get to go to work everyday in an air conditioned building with working toilets and sinks. I am able to eat lunch in a cafeteria that serves such fattening meals that I can't eat there anymore. I can drive home, stopping at stores to buy anything I want. I go home to my catz, who are dry and well-fed. And I can sit on my brand new toilet in my freshly re-done bathroom. I wonder if I realize how good I have it?

If the flood waters were rising at a foot a minute in your yard, or the F-5 tornado was bearing down on your house, or the forest fire was at the back door... what would you grab? Disasters teach object lessons of the heart. I would probably lose my life looking for the catz. If I could get them coralled, I guess I would grab the laptop. I can't grab the photos.. they are scattered all over the house. I also hope I would have my necklace and earrings on that BB gave me. But, there I go... adding more and more to the list of "must haves". It really is just stuff... but I love it soooo much. :-)

I hope you all find it in your heart to donate something to the cause... they are in our backyard. Who knows, next time, it could be me who needs help. Pick your favorite charity or use mine...

McCormick Tribune Foundation - They will donate an additional $.50 for every dollar you donate. There are no administrative fees, so your entire donation goes to the relief fund.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home