the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Mooses in the land of Tar-get Oz..

It was so totally weird.... I went shopping a couple of weeks ago.... I wasn't looking for clothes. I swear! I had a list!! A GREAT list!!! And I was sticking to it. Really! And I was doing good. Really!!!! And then the shopping cart went to "that" side of the store. I was only on the sporting goods/electronics side. I had NO intention of going over to the other side. REALLY!!!

But you know how insidious the 'other side' is. It lets you slide by a couple of times without really making a play for you. And besides.... I never get much beyond short-sleeved t-shirts there because the pants are never long enough and the sleeves are too short. And, besides, I was over near the wall, not in the main aisle where the clothes live. So I figured it was safe. Ya know, cuz the clothes never fit anyway. So I brazenly traipsed up the main aisle (umm, yeah, the list was complete by this time, why do you ask?). And I just glanced over by the clothes... and I kept walking... and then I circled back. And then I actually TURNED MY CART INTO THE CLOTHING SECTION!!!! I really wasn't shopping for clothes.

But it was okay, since I knew I was safe, and it was just for a lark (am I dating myself?), I just touched one of the chocolate-brown suede jackets, just to feel the sensation of the suede on my fingertips AND IT FELL RIGHT INTO MY HANDS!!!! I had NO idea they came off the hangers that easily. So, of course, I **had** to try it on. I mean, it was already in my hands. So why not? The sleeves are never long enoug...... long e.......

I took it off and checked the size. Yup, right size. I put it on again. Zipped it up even. Wrapped my armies right around my boobies. And nothing changed. The end of the sleeve STAYED RIGHT AT MY WRIST. No pull, no tightness, no nothing. I took it off again. I figured it was a fluke.

I tried another one on. The sleeves were LONG enough. HOLY SHIT!!!!!! so i tried the skirt on that matched it. it fit. holy mother of pork!!! i'm 6 feet tall. how did this happen????

I was TOTALLY freaked out by this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so I tried on more. And more. And more.

I was soooooo relieved when the pants were too short.

Still, it cost me a suede jacket and skirt and contrasting t-shirt.

Then the hunt for the perfect pair of pumps was on.

;-) Sue and Laura will be proud. But that's another story.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

Hey! I'm proud, too!

BTW, could you please give me a couple of inches? I used to be almost 5'3" but now I am just over 5'2." (or maybe that's just "under.") Yep, I am packing down... and my teeth are crumbling again. Poor Flaurella.

When you get a moment, please explain to me how to get Word Verficiation on my blog. I can't figure it out. Doh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home