the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

It was a good weekend....

The Girlz I know it was a good weekend... I dragged BB out of town and met my sister, and her best friend at Starved Rock State Park and spent the weekend totally out of touch with real life. Left town Saturday morning, came home Monday afternoon. Our folks came out on Sunday morning for brunch (totally awesome!!! If you get the chance, go out there any Sunday for brunch! Make reservations) and a little stroll in the woods. Played board games, ate, laughed, ate, played more board games, ate, laughed, wandered around the canyons, ate... It was a good weekend.....

How do I know it was a good weekend?

1. I gained 4 pounds. (Did I mention that we ate? A lot?)

2. From noon on Saturday until Monday afternoon I totally forgot that there was a hurricane floating around the Gulf.

3. We were NOT in New Orleans.

It was a good weekend. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will echo my sister's comment. It was a wonderful weekend. Spending time with the people closetest to me in the world was priceless. I loved playing board games, eating munchies and making your BB turn red. I also loved giving our almost sister a break from being a Mom and wife for a weekend. I am looking forward to next year.

Your sister

 

Post a Comment

<< Home