the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

I feel the need to screw.....

Behold..... The new bathroom floor.... I feel the need to screw it down. BB says I put in "more screws than I would have." I was raised in the house of overkill. Measure 16 times, cut once. Most of the things I build will outlast me. I love overkill. And, besides, the book said every 6 inches around the edges and every 8 across the interior.... I love overkill. I feel the need to screw

BB and I were having a good time cutting plywood last night at 11pm... heh heh heh
Laying floor It was fun with table saws and such. I am sure the neighbors appreciated the circular saw et al in the backyard at 10pm.... heh heh heh.... I figured it was no worse than the music they persist in blasting thru my walls at all hours of the day and night.

Now... to find the toilet of my dreams......TOTO

Time for a shower before spackle and breakfast......

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

Toilet of yer dreams?? I have advice!

Get a tall one,especially since you are tall. A few years ago, we replaced our toilets with tall boys, what used to be known as "handi-caps."

As you get older, you will appreciate the taller potties. When we visit friends who have low boys, it is very strange and uncomfortable and hard on the knees. I rarely give personal plumbing advice but trust me on this one and get the tall toilets they sell at Home Depot, etc. That additional $50 is well worth it and besides, they have the best classic designs. The tall back tanks flush faster and completely and save water.

I can't believe I am giving advice on toilets.... sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home