the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE NEW THRONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Functional Bathroom


WHOOPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have an upstairs toilet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To celebrate, BB took me out and I bought a new toilet bowl brush!!! (It was the really expensive $20 one with a flexible neck to get 'way down there'.)

It is a totally expensive toidie (I spent way more than I will get out of it unless I live here 10 years) by TOTO (
www.totousa.com). It is tall with a huge tank-to-bowl hole (for a faster, more POWERFUL flush) and a very large (2 1/8 inch) trap (for those lincoln log days). I figured the price of the toilet should cover what I would have spent cleaning up the overflow mess again and again and again with a regular toilet.

I certainly learned a lot (like how I really DON'T want to remodel the kitchen). I now know the difference between floating and regular vinyl flooring. I know that the jerks at the Home Depot in Northlake will not get my business again due totally to their attitude when I needed help with plywood. I know that I loved all the staffers at Lowe's... especially the kid who's mother is a surgical tech... he and I had a nice conversation while cutting plywood. I know that BB has to wear an N-95 mask when we use the table saw and do things that ruffle up the dust around here..... he didn't breath too good Friday night... I know that what I preach (DON'T PICK!!!) is appropriate for remodeling.... I now have several ceramic tiles around the bath missing due to some overzealous grout picking..... I know a shitty dry wall job when I see one!! I know what water does to the subfloor and why my choice of a single sheet of vinyl for the floor was appropriate. I know that when you are disconnecting drain pipes and they break in your hand, it's time for new ones.... I know that I should carry my tools around in a toolbox (of which I have 2 sitting empty in the basement) instead of a bucket and a pail. I know that my wimpy 14.4v cordless drill is useless for driving screws thru plywood.... however, my Sears Craftsman 3/8ths inch electric drill (circa 1981) works extremely well. I know that once I have made my mind up about a specific item (the toilet model), I should call a bunch of stores instead of just one looking for it. I know I should listen to BB when he offers suggestions.. they are usually on the mark.... (round vs. elongated bowl). I know lotsa stuff now.

Just need to finish the trim and I'm done for this round..... although it's obvious that the whole thing needs to be gutted.... I am going to do a good job of covering all the flaws.

I am soooooo happy.... and it even has a soft close lid Soft closing lidfor those days when I drop the seat or lid..... Now, if I could only get BB to lower it for me.... heh heh heh.....

Speaking of TOTO... go to their site and check out the Neorest..... my next house gets one of those.....

I am in toilet heaven....

2 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

Hurrah for self-sufficent women and the men who love them!

Great job,
FLA ~

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful job!

We have the same problem with Home Depot! I try to never shop there, especially when the folks at Lowe's are so darned helpful!

Milly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home