the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Monday, October 24, 2005

End of Summer

The 40 degree days are here. Just in time.. I may have melted if summer had stayed any longer. Tho it will try (unsuccessfully) to make a comeback on Saturday. The weatherman is forecasting 70. But it won't last long. And there will be dew on the car in the morning. And the sun will set early. And the 40's will win.

I got out the old comfy coat today. The one with the colors-of-the-team-that-shall-not-be-named. I got the new leather coat this year. I wore the old coat. Oh, well. Maybe tomorrow.

Last Warm Day 2005 The kitties celebrated the last warm day with me a couple weekends ago.

Last Flower of Summer They marveled at the last nasturtium. Then they tried to eat it.

Rolls I marveled at the Rolls Royce in the Bed, Bath & Beyond parking lot.

Jabba The Cat Jabba the Cat snoozes thru the end of the last warm day.

The earmuffs and gloves appeared today too. It was rainy and windy. I like being snuggly warm and protected.

I saw the movie last weekend. One cousin had drinks with Lois Jenson on Friday. She is doing well. And I got a nice letter from my other cousin, the one in the lawsuit with Lois. She is doing well also. But that is for another time..... Bundle-up bedtime is here.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home