the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

JC-MS Flu


AAAAACCCCCHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is illness afoot! I went home from work on Thursday feeling crappy. BB felt crappy. We both stayed at our respective homes feeling crappy Thurs night. Even my mother feels crappy (worse crappy than us put together.. get better Mommy!). Didn't go to work Friday cuz I still felt crappy. Puttered around the house and read the paper. Read the paper alot. BB stayed home from work Friday for other reasons and came over to keep me company by sleeping on the couch next to me. Felt so-so on Saturday... it's the creeping crud I always get... feel reasonably fine (except for the concrete head thing) for the first 2 hours out of bed and then your head becomes too heavy to hold up from the ever-increasing amount of cement in there so you want to take a nap. So you do. And then you get up and do it all over again. So went Saturday... although, I skipped the nap part. I just puttered thru them. We watched "The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy" Sat night... This movie would have been good to watch stoned... maybe stoned and slightly drunk. So long, so long, so long, so long, so long..... ;-) I wonder what the writers were on? It's obviously better than my drugs! "So long, so long, so long, so long and thanks for all the fish!"

Anyway... to quote Flaurella.... I digress....

Sick. We took a three day weekend because we were sick. After a relatively good Saturday, I woke up Sunday with the worst virus/infection/infestation I've EVER had!!! This whole day was BIZZARE!!!! I don't know what it was... I don't know where it came from.. although I have my suspicions after watching Hitchhiker last night... I'm sure this is some sort of intergalactic malady from yesterday's travels.....

First, I got out of bed before 8 am. Not too unusual... but instead of making coffee and hitting the couch with the Sunday paper,..... I made coffee, slapped on deodorant and headed to the grocery store. (BB was sound asleep) I only wanted eggs and milk for breakfast. I went home with slightly more. Slightly.

The spirit of ?? June Cleaver?? or maybe Martha Stewart??? infected me/grabbed me by the balls when I was tooling around the store and said "Sunday pot roast with carrots and potatoes, Sunday pot roast with carrots and potatoes and dinner rolls and salad". I felt like I was POSSESSED!!! The cart kept turning around in circles all over the store... It was like a sickness... I had to get more... More... MORE..... I never did find a pot roast, but I got a pork tenderloin and apples and salad and tomatoes and potatoes and bananas and stuff and stuff and STUFF!!!!

And diet root beer.

When I got home I proceeded to make a loaf of banana nut bread. Then BB got up and I cooked a full Sunday morning breakfast (I did cheat and purchase the fruit cup instead of cutting it up myself). Then I cooked up a pot of soup (the simmer for 3 hours kind). Went out with BB to get some naugahyde to cover his piano bench (I wish I could repeat the story he told me about how the naugahydes became extinct along with the polymers in the late 50's when plastics became popular-it was hysterical and won't translate well... just trust me on this one.) Came home, stirred the soup some more and whipped up a pot of applesauce-with the skins-that went with the pork tenderloin I baked for din-din. Had salad with tomatoes, baked potatoes and assorted veggies, and BBQ sauce for my beloved. We completed the stuffing of ourselves by finishing off the Cherry Garcia ice cream just now.

BURP!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED TO ME TODAY????? I haven't cooked this much since... since.... I can't remember WHEN I EVER cooked this much in a single day. I actually ran the dishwasher TWICE!!! I only do that on Thanksgiving and Christmas!! Sheesh... I hope this JC-MS virus is self-limiting or my food budget is in real trouble....

I wonder if I should call in sick tomorrow, too?

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

Yummy foods, Mrs. Cleaver. I am going to invite myself to dinner.

Hope you are feeling better. I have the sore throat from hayell that I got at the Garden Club. It won't go away and I even gargled with salt water and chewed an aspirin. Ice cream makes it feel a little better but not much. What I need is home cookin.' Soup sounds good.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger ChrisMoose said...

Ahhhh, yes... pork tenderloin drowned in warm applesauce.... I was in heaven... but I don't think it would have helped your throat! How 'bout some tea with whiskey and honey?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home