the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Merry Christmas

I was wondering... if the economy was better, not teetering on the edge of recession all the time, if Wal-Mart wasn't squeezing every last dime out of everyone and their brother, do you think they would stop starting Christmas at the end of September? Would they go back to putting up the displays after Halloween instead of a month before? This is Chicago for cripes sake.... the LAST thing I want to experience is a fully decked holiday display while I am wearing shorts and a tee-shirt enjoying a 70 degree October day. That was fine when I lived in southern California and Floriday. It is not okay above the Mason-Dixon line. By the time Christmas rolls around I'm (almost) tired of it. {{{{heavy sigh}}}} I want it like it is in my memory.... you start decorating for the holiday one month or less ahead. Valentine's Day on Feb 1, St. Patty's Day March 1, Memorial Day May 1, Independence day on June 4, Halloween Oct 1, Thanksgiving Nov 1, Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.... oh well, guess I'll just wear sunglasses to filter out all the bling from the tinsel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home