the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Feliz Navidad

{{{sigh}}} I succumbed. It's funny the things you take a stand on. There are the big things.... politics, religion, education (HAHAHAHA to intelligent design, we can only hope Kansas sees the light... oh, wait, that's the new star over Bethlehem.... they will probably be blinded by it.... we better wait for a full eclipse.... then we can scare them to death in the dark by making monkey noises)... and there are the little things..... refusing to pay 2 cents more a gallon for gas at the station on the 'right' side of the street and fighting traffic for 15 minutes to get to the 'other' side of the street..... not wearing make-up, even when you know everyone else will be (I look worse in it than out, why bother?).... and tape. Yup. Tape. I am in the middle of wrapping presents and ripping tape. And wrapping and ripping and having little pieces of tape stuck all over the edges of the table and my arm and pants and can of Pepsi and you get the flavor.... So... I was wandering thru Wally-World today (bad move 3 days before Christmas... who am I kidding... it's a bad move ANY day) and hanging on the endcap was the 3M (I think they once employed my dad... maybe my mom too... I can't remember... it was before my time... or at least my memory... which, by the way, should be blessed by no less than the Pope himself due to the fact that it's holier than a colander just slammed by 00 buckshot, information pours out as fast as it pours in... faster some days...) pop-up wrist mounted tape dispenser, just made for wrapping presents... I swore years ago that I wouldn't pay a gazillion bucks for something that I could replicate by ripping and sticking.... But... I was at Wally-World and it was 94 cents. So was the refill. So I bought that too.

What in hell took me so long?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home