the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Day 4 of the cold from hell...

I am going to stick Tampax up my nose. I am thoroughly convinced that is the only way to stem the flood of mucus. It is green and chunky and since it doesn't taste like pesto (don't ask) I am convinced that my brains are being blown out each time I raise a tissue. (Brains along with a gajillion tiny viruses ( I wonder if they are swimmers or if they just float along on the liquid...)) I'm also pretty sure that I am losing lung tissue every time I cough but I am too afraid to look at what comes out. (There is nothing worse than this cough. Harsh, painful, productive, paroxysmal... Okay, fine... there are things worse than this cough... but not right now, OKAY???? I'm having chest pain!!!) And the damn boogers are hungry! I have been craving sugar all day... So far I have fed them honey cookies, fudge, peanut brittle, and chocolate. Am hoping real food will get them to shut up until the drugs kick butt and plug up the works. Real food.... Swedish meatballs and rice... comfort food. It's about all the comfort I'm getting tonight.... BB has a meeting tonight (business, get your mind out of the gutter) and an early morning meeting so I am on my own... which isn't a bad thing... according to the literature I perused today I am probably at my peak viral shedding stage today... just as well he isn't here... although he's already been infected.. we are just waiting for his symptoms to develop.... {{{ sigh}}} me sick, he sick, me sick, he sick.... I wonder how long we will pass it back and forth before it goes away.... {{{{{{snark, snort, snuffle, blooooooooow}}}}} I hate colds....

On the upside, if I take a sick day now, it's the new year and my payback of unused sick days from last year won't be affected.... ;-)

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

Uploading chicken soup and a hot toddy and hoping you are feeling much better by now.

Get well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home