the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

There are good reasons to live in a condo with a heated underground garage and maintenance staff in the winter.... reasons like my sisters driveway. All 6 concrete miles of it covered with solid ice tire tracks 3 inches high!! Okay, so maybe it isn't 6 miles long... but after I took the scraper and shovel to it, it felt like 6 miles.... on the other hand, it was a good 6 miles of exercise to work off all the Christmas cookies and whatnots.... ;-) Guess I won't complain. However, instead of seeing the ice tire tracks and avoiding them, we can slip and fall on the totally invisible sheet of ice that will form ALL OVER the driveway tomorrow!! Walk softly and wear big cleats!

Things things you should not see on a grocery store shelf in Michigan in the winter time.... anything with a "Bass Pro Shops" label attached. bassproshops_logo I caught it out of the corner of my eye and had visions of minnows and nite crawlers dance in my head! Blech!!! No, I did not investigate. Instead, I bought a bottle of wine from the "3 blind moose" vineyard.... ;-D Moose with blind glasses, you gotta love it!

It's Christmas Eve.... what are you doing here reading? It's time for church.... Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home