the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Monday, February 27, 2006

GIGS strikes Villa Park!!!!!!

I have been overtaken by GIGS. It wasn't my fault. It was Jens fault. She is the one who started it all. She left 100, that is ONE HUNDRED, boxes of Girl Scout cookies in my office. I held out until, oh, maybe 10 am. Then she handed me a box of Peanut Butter Sandwiches.

It was all over. I fell mouth-first into GIGS.... GirlScout Induced Gluttony Syndrome. That once yearly compulsion that forces you to eat the entire box in one day.... sometimes in one sitting. (Personally, I'm saving that for the Thin Mints)

The GIGS call to me This was all that was left of the PBSs at 9 pm. They don't exist anymore. Except on my thighs.


I love them. I like to pull them apart and eat the cookie and then the peanut butter and then the other cookie. Munching Girl Scout Cookies is just this side of heaven.

Hey, Flau..... I think I am in need of a drinkie-poo to go with Thin Mints.... something without gin. Feel up to inventing?? ;-)

GIGS One box down.... 5 to go.


1 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

Oh, for sure, a Chocolate Martini or a Grasshopper goes great with GS Thin Mints. I know it for a fact.

CHOCO MARTINI:
Vodka
Creme de Cacao
Heavy cream
Chocolate Liquer
(Shake it all up and strain it into a cocoa rimmed martini glass)

OR: a GRASSHOPPER:
Creme de menthe
Creme de Cacao
Heavy cream
(shake it all up and strain into a stemmed glass)

Either tastes like candy.
Candy is good but
Liquor is quicker.

But, don't forget CHAMPAGNE.
Champagne goes great with anything chocolate.

Party On, Girl Scout Supporters!

Flaurella ~ former Curved Bar and ex-GS Leader

 

Post a Comment

<< Home