the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

No, Virginia....

I did not actually GO to Virginia (or Embarrass, or Babbitt, or Ely, or Silver Bay) to see if my leg would turn into Lemon Ice. I've lived in the south (relatively speaking) for FAR too long to survive in those temps.

On the other hand, my lovely cousin wrote to tell me that it didn't actually stay at -15. She said, "It wasn't that cold but I did put on gloves for the first time this winter even if I didn't wear a jacket!! Heading north on vacation with nancy and don tomarrow, fishing at lake of the woods, wish us luck. Just me : )" Heading NORTH??? on vacation????? Parts of my family may be nuts. But that is only a guess on my part.

Other parts of the northern most family are laid up this week.... my uncle is moving to the VA home in Silver Bay (he has become a tad forgetful), one of his sons is flat on his back with a bad disk. Not a good week to be in this family.... I think my branch of family has all the parts attached and working this week.

Although not too talkative lately, I am well. Just worked the rent-a-nurse job at lovable Lennys hospital. Am getting ready to curl up in the arms of the man I love. Tomorrow I shop for bifocals. What's not to love about my life?

Lators gators!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home