the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

End of an Era

Today felt like it was the last day of watching the "Today" show for me. It was Katie's last day.katie_couric_org I am in mourning. I am pretty sure I can get thru the summer without her... I will just pretend she is on a long vacation... but in September when what's-her-face, the interloper, starts.... I will be hard pressed to watch. It won't be the same.

It's funny.... how things go along the same for so long that you just can't fathom a change. Katie is the longest sitting anchor they have ever had... and with Matt being there 10 years (and Ann and Al) they have been the team I have wandered thru adulthood with. I will surely miss her.

But, I can understand her desire for a new job. A new adventure. A new gig. Similar work, different setting. It's time. I know because I am feeling the same thing.

I've been nine years in my current position and that is enough. The old restlessness has returned and I know it is time for me to move on. What's next? I have no idea. Maybe the same position at a new place. Maybe a new position at the old place. Maybe a new position at a new place. At this point I don't really care which it is... I just know that it's time for a change.

Today, for the first time since Katie's announcement, I understand her decision.

This one's for the girls!

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cried a lot watching the last show! Boo Hoo. I will miss her. She was so everyday. If she didn't like something she ate, she spit it out. If she liked something, you knew it. I also liked that she took the opportunity when she could and asked the hard questions,

Bye Katie and Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home