the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Catch up....

Time is a-wasting.... or a-waisting.... depending on the amount of chocolate consumed. Am still on Weight Watchers and am still losing, but I can't figure out why. Have been on the Easter candy diet the last 2 weeks and the ice-cream-every-day diet before that. Even managed to slide in some chips and salsa at Chili's last week. oops. I may manage to show a gain this week.... I ate about a quarter of a carton of Heath Bar ice cream the other night. oops.....

Finally washed the 'dry-clean-only' curtain fabric. It's 100% cotton.... why can't I wash it?? Have to go iron it now.

While on the hunt for the perfect curtains, I found (in the clearance bin) a pair of BLACK fake fur curtains. I thought I'd seen everything..... It was creepy just picking up the package.... who would hang BLACK fake fur curtains?? Charles Manson and Ozzie Osborn come to mind.... ;-)

It's Wednesday. It's one in the afternoon. I am not at work. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I decided a few weeks ago that I would like a random day off during the week. It means pushing up to 10 hour days the rest of the week, but it means A WHOLE DAY OFF somewhere during the week. This is cool. And honestly, 2 more hours on the work day isn't that big a stretch. Some days I was already doing that. Now it will be formal (for a while). I just wanted to try it. So far, so good.

Mumps continues to crawl thru Illinois. Fortunately, BB didn't have mumps... just a couple of 24 hour viruses in the same week... poor guy. I had him and all the people he works with convinced he was Typhoid Mary....

Went to see 'Thank You for Smoking' last weekend. We HIGHLY recommend it!! The movie was hilarious!!! I now understand that the sole function of a lobbyist is to turn words around until you are unable to attach a meaning to them. The dialogue is fantastic!! (and reminds me an awful lot of BBs ability to turn a phrase!!) When the DVD comes out, it will be finding a home at BBs place.

Mark the calendar in RED. I wore a skirt and PANTYHOSE to work the other day. (after shaving some really long hairs off the gams). It's funny how everyone comments on my skirt-wearing.... although, we usually do comment on things that only happen once or twice a year.... ;-)

Mom and Pop are returning from the southwest this weekend.... YIPPEE!!! Maybe I can drag all my material down there and convince Mommy to make curtains!! (no, really, I will do them..... soon.....)

Speaking of which... time to iron!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home