the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

It was a 'pour deux douche' day...

What drives us to plant? What is the impetus behind spending $$$ on things that will die in 4 months? Why can't I learn to plant perennials?

It was a good day. It started last night with a slight detour on the way home. I hung out at a hostage situation in the local town. It was kind of fun. The lead medic told us about it while dropping another patient off at work and invited me along. I declined...not willingly, but I declined... I figured if I left with him I would be stuck at the scene for 12 hours with no potty, no supper, nothing to drink, no purse and wearing a dress and hose to boot!! NO WAY!! Although..... But, I digress... After I finished my project, I went to the staging area to be nosy. It was kind of fun to get waved under the police tape and saunter into the scene..... ;-) All the medics (several ambulances worth... just in case the ending was reminiscent of the final scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) had been positioned behind a brick house for safety. The NIP-ASS (Northern Illinois Police Alarm System SWAT) guys were there and they were IMPRESSIVE!! Well armed and well dressed for the party. The whole thing was totally anti-climactic, not at all like tee-vee...

The ending was cheaper than a trial for kidnapping. Messy, but cheaper. At least the dog survived. I found myself without a camera.... dumb, dumb... left it home. Only day this week I left it at home. Didn't even have a disposable in the truck... rats rats rats.... Oh, heavens, no.... I wouldn't take pix of the deceased and post them here..... Why not? 1) we were not allowed in the house, 2) HIPAA 3) it was really gross, 4) squeamish people read this. I wanted pix of the SWAT guys and their truck... it was so totally cool!! I did have the opportunity to talk to the SWAT team leader when it was over. He and the fire department Incident Commander were discussing the medical wrap-up and graciously included me in the discussion. It was kinda kool!! Then it was time to go home and change clothes and......


BUY FLOWERS!!!!!!!!

Buying flowers is very difficult after dark... and Home Des-pot closes the door to the parking lot (from the flower section) at 8 and you have to walk all the way around thru the main doors and I left my shopping list and reference pix at work so had to 'wing it' (always a dangerous sport!) But, I got lots of stuff.... heh heh heh

Got some of it put in the ground this morning while the air conditioning guy was injecting my system with R22 (FREON BABY... CAN YOU FEEL IT COOLING YOUR VEINS YET???)(MAYBE... um.. maybe I should knock off the caffeine). I figured out at 11pm last night that I had no AC. oops.. we are headed for the hottest weekend of the year (so far) and I didn't think being without conditioned air was a good choice.

Am having problems with one of my gardens... I planted some perennial stuff there last summer but most of it didn't come up and I can't remember what I planted so I don't know what to look for and I have several unidentified leafy things growing and I can't find the map of what I planted and and and.... so I said to hell with it and bought a bunch of other stuff today to cover the bare ground.

I finally planted iris. Can't figure out what took me so long... they are my favorite flower. dingbat.

I finally found some (apparently virus-free) hostas today for the back yard... and some other stuff... and some other stuff and this... Simon I call him Simon. Totally not needed, but too cute to leave in the store...

So, tomorrow it is up early (to beat the humidity to come) to plant the rest of the front yard and then I can piddle around (not literally) with the backyard the rest of the day....

WAY FUN COOL NEWS..... BESTEST FRIEND IS ENGAGED AS OF THIS AFTERNOON!!!!!!!!!! She is on the phone with me at this very moment telling me all about it! And she is headed to LAS VEGAS this weekend!!!!!!!!!! WHOO-HEE!!!!!!!!!!! More news later.....

I digressed (thanks, Flaurella, I love that statement....)... and besides planting, I am not going to get a whole lot of other stuff done this weekend, even with the extra day.... and I am out of undies... hmmm.... maybe I should go slip a load in now....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home