the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

RATs

It's Wednesday. It's been behaving like a Monday all week. I spill things, I snork hairballs all day long, I can't get a coherent thought out of my mouth when on the phone, I can't remember squat. I have a headache that won't go away (no, it is NOT a brain tumor). And I have the bad attitude to match.

(on the advice of not-so-legal counsel) ....... snip......

My truck is making funny noises which is not good as it's not paid off yet.... Yes, I took the 100 year loan on this one.... but the interest rate was good...

BB isn't divorced yet. Am doing some significant head-banging over that little situation (which may explain the chronic headache. although.... it could be a brain tumor, I did a case presentation on just such a patient today... banged his head and had a headache for 2 weeks, got a CT, and WHA-LAH!! Brain tumor. But, I digress....). Everyday I have to restrain myself from ....... stuff I can't mention because it might get me into trouble..... ......... snip....... ........grrrrr....

Had a brief conversation with my orthopedist today about my 'sciatica' problem.. he seems to think it's my back. Suggested a lumbar support for the car since that's the only place I'm having a problem. Will look for one this weekend.

(feel like) I am flunking Weight Watchers... the pounds keep going down (slowly, but down) but my diet keeps getting worse. Today for lunch it was 2 (not one, but two) thick, chewy, gooey, nut-filled, heavily frosted brownies and a bag of potato chips. Washed down with a can of diet Pepsi. Dessert was a piece of cake (the corner piece of a sheet cake with twice the frosting), potato salad and a hamburger patty with cheese (no bun). And then, during dinner (chili and two chocolate truffles) I read an article about keeping a food diary and how it helps you lose weight and I thought, "Yeah, right, haha, look at the good it's done me!" And then I realized that I haven't been keeping such good record of my intake lately. So I dutifully wrote down 2 brownies, cake with frosting, et al. At least I skipped the ice cream for a bedtime snack.

I have to go to the stupid place again tomorrow. ............snip..............

On the bright side.... I think the drought is over. My backyard and flower bed should be wet down to the water table. Now, if it would only get warm enough to plant something!

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you had a screaming cursing fit and walked out yet? I discovered you can do that, but only once. Got treated with kid gloves for a while after that. Got urged to "seek help", someone suggested hormones. F**k them all.
Gotta do something about all this anger. Is it age or genetics?
Milly

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geesh! I can tell that the 2 of you are related and that the genes came thru the siblings.

I am amazed at how different I am than the 2 of you.

I think it is good that this was modified. Don't want you to lose your job as many others have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home