the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

No more brussel sprouts....

Another week, another few gallons of paint.... I finally put the paintbrushes away tonight. I need to focus on cleaning and moving more things to storage and getting the house on the market before the snow flies. The realtor will be here tomorrow for a look around.

But enough about paint....

The other day at work I tried eggplant Parmesan for the first time. Tasted like bread crumbs and cheese covered with tomato sauce. Oh, well... but... it lead to interesting conversation about likes and dislikes in food..... which evolved into... "As an adult, what is the one dish/food you were VERY GLAD to leave at your mothers house?"

For me, it was brussel sprouts.... they are the most vile, bitter green things known to man. And woman. And child. Especially child. No one should be forced to eat them things. YUCK. Never. They will never appear in my house. One of the other instructors agreed with me.... we both shuddered at the thought....

Other loser dishes were 'my mothers meatloaf... I like meatloaf, just not my mothers' and something made with sauerkraut and beans (and one other thing that I can't remember-sheesh). He likes all the ingredients, just not touching each other....

What were you happy to leave behind?

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beets and liver & onions, gag!

Milly

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd probably have to go along with Brussel Sprouts, although I've heard that roasted or grilled they lose their bitterness and are actually edible. I don't think I'll find out.

TaxManNY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home