the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Outta my rut....

Ruts... ruts are bad bad bad.... Don't get stuck in a rut!!

How many times have you heard that? How many times have you ignored that statement and stayed comfortably in your very own personal private rut? More than once I'll bet.

Ruts can be de-motivating... last night at the fluffy people meeting was a good example... One of the participants was bummed because she hasn't lost any weight for a couple weeks. Follows plan faithfully. She's changed a little something here and there, but no results. So the leader asked.. give me an example of what you eat for breakfast... the woman answered.... blah, blah, blah.
Okay.. what 'other things' do you eat for breakfast?
Nothing else. I have the same thing for breakfast every day.
Okay. What do you eat for lunch.
Blah, blah.
What else do you eat for lunch.
Nothing. I eat the same thing every day.
{heavy sigh from audience}
Okay... what do you eat for dinner?
Oh, well, it changes every day...
And how long have you done the same routine for 2/3's of your meals?
2 years.
Oh good grief... CHANGE IT UP!!! Body is bored with the food you eat. Get OUT OF THE RUT!! Bet she loses weight this week.

Some days, ruts are bad.

On the other hand... when I left work yesterday, I didn't save the document I was working on to my desktop hard drive. I just saved it to the flash drive I had been working off of. And when I got ready to leave, I didn't put my flash drive in it's usual carrier in my purse. I held it in my hand.

Then today comes and it's time to work on my document. Casually reach for flash drive carrier. Empty. No big deal. I'll just work off the copy on my desktop. Look and look and look. No copy. Rats. Go digging thru purse in earnest. No drive. Rats. Look harder. No drive. Take everything out of purse and dump whole thing on floor... {GASP} IT WAS GONE! MISSING IN ACTION!!! WHERE OH WHERE COULD IT HAVE GONE?? WHO STOLE MY FLASH?????????? I looked and looked all over my desk. I looked in my desk. I looked at the computer in the other room that I had been working on. I looked on the floor. No drive.

I got home. I looked all over the desk. And the kitchen table. And the bedroom. And the living room. And the desk, again. And the truck. And at Chucks. No drive. Rats. Called the fluffy people meeting place website. They don't have a phone and the 1-800 operator couldn't get a hold of anyone there. Rats. Hopped in the truck. Looked around some more. Looked all over the parking lot. Checked the hallways. Drove to fluffy people meeting place. Explained problem to helpful women behind counter.. or woman... one said "What's a flash drive." The other reassured me that she knew what it was and she would post a note. Shuffled out of meeting hall bummed and pissed at self. On to the grocery store to check their lost and found (hahaha). Checked the parking lot at meeting hall. No drive. Rats.

Hopped in truck. Thought to self... I don't think I checked the floorboards on passenger side of truck. Looked down. Saw flash drive. Walked back in to meeting hall. Held drive up to clueless woman... "This is a flash drive." She smiled and made happy noises that I had found it. I took the note down. Drove home.

Sometimes ruts aren't so bad.

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From a fluffy person,

I got outta my rut. I am below goal.

Love, Kay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home