the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Blow me.....

It was a productive weekend....
MVC-303F
We had to string an extra wire... but the results are totally wonderful!! The little hallway upstairs is the queen of dead air. Every summer day when I get home I just die of the heat traversing those 6 feet from the top step to the bedroom. So... I fixed it. I have been thinking of this for a while now..... but when I talked to the "experts" at the giant box store they couldn't come up with a way to wire a 3-way switch so the fan would be on all the time and the lights would work on the switch. I just thanked them for their time and told them I would call an electrician.

I called BB (Beloved Boyfriend) instead. He assured me it wouldn't be a problem. You just string a bypass wire. Like bypass surgery. [[[[[[DING DING DING]]]]]]]] {{{{{LIGHTBULB GOING OFF}}}}}} BB is sooooo smart.

So... he/we strung a new wire.... had to go to the box store to get some wire.. we wandered home with 500 feet of it. Can't ever have too much wire.... Strung a wire, hung a fan. If you have to buy a ceiling fan.. go Hampton Bay... far superior hanging mechanism to Hunter. Hunter should take lessons.

Then we went downstairs and rewired the fan I put in last weekend in the dining room. They blow sooooo good!!!! ;-)


le_tour_de_france
All Lance, all the time on OLN TV!!! I love watching le Tour. I love listening to Bob mispronounce it. Congrats to George for winning Sunday. Prayers to the Australian women's cycling team who lost a member today when their group was run over by a new driver in Germany.

I have come down some in the food world today... yesterday it was angel hair with shrimp. Today it was Kraft mac & cheese out of the saucepan. Remind me to tell you the Kraft story...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home