the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Monday, July 18, 2005

NEWS FLASH

.........BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend C has been kicked out of physical therapy and occupational therapy for doing so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still doing a little speech therapy, but I GOT EMAIL FROM HER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby is doing well and back at work full-time! Life is good.

..........My sister did not finish Harry Sunday afternoon like I predicted. She got didn't get done until 10:30 p.m. EDT Sunday night. She took a major chuck out of Saturday to buy a new van. It's got all the bells and whistles. She named it Blue Belle. I don't think I have ever named a vehicle in my life (at least not for long enough for me to remember it now).

............No rain yet. We had a cold front today... high was only 90 or so. County south of here is being declaired a disaster area for crops. It's supposed to be 100 and humid on Saturday. Think I will work in the basement.

..........My pansy's look horrible. Why do they get so spindly? The heat and my erratic watering isn't helping. However, on the other side of the sidewalk, the wild flowers (and misc. weeds) are looking not too bad. I need some drought tolerant perrenials to plant in front of the evergreen bushes. Zone 5. Any suggestions?

...........I have not started my Harry Potter book yet. I am trying to wait until next Monday. Jury duty.

...........I bought 4 of my favorite bras last weekend. (Replacement time. Again) $168. I almost fell over. BB was totally cool about it. Even walked thru bras and panties with me. Didn't blush too much when I flashed the clerk when she asked me what I was looking for (I had the model(?) number, she wanted a picture. I obliged.)

...........$2.32 a gallon here. Am thinking I need to trade into a smaller vehicle. AAARRRGGHHH! I HATE cars. I HATEHATE sitting down into cars. I HATEHATEHATE trying to get out of a car gracefully ( a feat I am certain is only accomplished by women 5'1" or shorter). Guess I will quit buying so many bras.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

OMG! Bras are EXPENSIVE! Glad I don't wear them -- well, except for a couple of sports bras for tennis and a couple of vintage lacy bras for once in a while weddings and funerals.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't they have "Ross dress for less" in Chicago? My favorite bra is any one that costs less than $10. Of course I have, count 'em, 2 teenage daughters!

Love ya,
Milly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home