the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Monday, July 25, 2005

The view from 11....



..... is fabulous!! Like everyone else, the weather here has been crappy... we are finding bodies on ice all over the place....

I thought we would get a little relief tonight. Boy, WAS I WRONG!!!! I got to BBs place around 7:30.... humid beyond belief... had to be in the high 90's percent-wise with a temp to match (they kept swearing 80-something at the airport... my truck said 97). It was one of those instant-sticky days... I got out of the car and my (formerly) dry all cotton dress instantly stuck to every instantly damp body part it could find. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least Arizona was a dry heat!!! (LOL)

I staggered into the building and took my ride up to 11 and the elevator doors opened and WHAT A SIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The most beautiful thunderstorm was blossoming before my very eyes! I schlepped my stuff down the hall to the apartment, grabbed a diet Pepsi and planted myself back in front of the elevator windows.

I am totally fascinated by thunderstorms. I think in my next life I will be a meteorological and storm chaser. I could see me doing the"Twister" thing...Tornado woman I love watching tornados.... but... I digress...

Parked myself in front of the windows and watched an amazing lightning show.... watched the little pool girl empty the swimming pool 11 floors down, watched the wind pick up and stretch the flags out to their full size. Watched the trees bend over backwards. And watched the clouds above my head whirl and writhe and boil.... and watched the torrential downpour march across downtown towards me and my perch. I had the advantage over the guys watching a couple of floors down... they were outside.... but not for long. When the water got to the stage where it was coming down in sheets and I couldn't see out the window, I went into the apt. on the other side of the building... and watched the rain rain UP the side of the building.... I was totally into it!

And then BB came in.... totally soaked. He was in the fitness center across the street..... oops.

When we went out for dinner later the humidity had gotten worse and the temp hadn't dropped more than a few degrees. YUCK some more!!!!!!!!!!!! (I hate summer) (The only place worse to be than here is north central Florida... all the heat and humidity, none of the ocean breeze!)

The weathermen promise a better tomorrow. We shall see.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

Golly, it was only 91 degrees for a high with 47% humidity here in N. Central Florida, plus we are used to it and acclimated. Our blood is thinner. Actually, we are expecting your cold front to arrive here shortly keep the next three days in the mid 80's with lows of about 68 -70 degrees. That is a treat for late July.

Stay cool and feel free to send down some more "cold fronts."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home