the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Bathroom Tsunami

Two and a half gallons of water doesn't sound like much...... until it is racing across your bathroom floor at tsunami-like speeds at one o'clock in the morning and cascading into the air-conditioning duct. I just pray that the little brown blobs didn't make it into the hole. I just stood there and watched. I couldn't move. But I'm pretty sure I know why my kitchen ceiling is warped. BLECH!!!!!!

Wet, wet, wet! Soggy and stinky!



Do not start remodeling the bathroom at 1:00 am. It is bad for your mental health. It does nothing but depress you. And it winds up your brain so you can't sleep. And it's yucky. I am totally grossed out at the thought of the germs living in the floor. And the kitchen ceiling. I may barf before this is over.

DAD-----WHERE ARE YOU???????????????

So.... today is remodel the bathroom day. It was NOT on my list of things to do.

I found a very nice do-it-yourself article on-line about replacing the toilet and the plywood underneith it. They use small words and short sentences. I think I will be okay.

DAD---WHERE ARE YOU?????????????????????

(sigh) I knew this was coming. I knew this from the moment I bought the place. I just didn't want to do it now. $$$$$$ How much is a toilet anyway??

Oh, well. I am off to measure and remove a toilet and cut up some plywood and go shopping.

Wonder if I should replace the tub while I am at it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home