the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Happy AnniversaBirthday

Happy Anniversary to my parents! 46 years together without killing each other. I aspire to such a milestone.... 45 of those years was with me hanging around their necks.... Poor Mom was in the hospital on her first anniversary! Now days they throw you and the baby out in 24 hours or less it seems.... at least she would have been home.

Happy Birthday to my Dad.... it was in May but we celebrated today by taking him to the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, MI. I felt inspired.... I have decided that I am taking up a new hobby.....
airzoo
Sitting in airplane models..... ;-) We had a good time.... Dad, my sister, BB and sister's former boyfriend all went. We left Mom at home to babysit the dogs.

Happy Birthday to me.... 45 this week.. such a lot of life left to screw up!!

Happy Late Anniversary to my Aunt and Uncle C&C.... 48 or 49 years... They are on the way home from an (early) 50th Anniversary trip to Alaska....

Good cripes... the greyhound at my feet just farted..... I may pass out........

We celebrated (Mom, Dad, Sis, BB and me) tonight with dinner at the Cascade Road House in Grand Rapids (or there abouts). 3 walleye dinners and 2 prime ribs.... some crab cakes and coconut shrimp and popovers and bananas foster and Bailey's mousse and wine and good service (I'm sorry, I didn't catch her name). {{{{{BURP}}}}} None of us can move now.... Sister had already headed for bed to sleep off the effects of too much good food. The rest of us are draped over computers and books. If you are ever up Grand Rapids way.... stop at the Roadhouse....

The cholesterol is now clogging the arteries to my brain..... think I will go take my Alzheimer's test.....

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,Happy Birthday to you!!!!!
See you Tuesday for golf- we'll celebrate then :)
Laurie

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Flaurella said...

Just did a total re-install of Windoze this eve and am dropping by to wish you a Happy Birthday. Sounds like this last week hasn't been the best for either of us but here's to a happy new year of love and joy for you. Stop inhaling your coffee down the wrong pipe now, ya hear!?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home