the RATS of moose

The Random Access ThoughtS of a mid-west, approaching-middle-age, nurse starting the next phase of life.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Another virgin experience....

Bites the dust.....

I started an IV on my cat, Harley, tonight. The first of several ?, many? The beginning of the end.

She is really sick today... spent yesterday in the hospital.... picked her up tonight.... doctor is not real hopeful that it's something treatable... am still waiting on the last blood test to come in... maybe Friday, maybe results Monday. If she had stayed another day they would have had the brand-spanking-new kitty-cat sized MRI machine up and running and they would have done her as the first (read FREE) patient just to try to figure out what is wrong (and practice). The doc says the radiologist was whining all day about it not being hooked up...

Poor kitty is sneezing to beat the band and has a lot of neurological symptoms (walks like a drunk, eyes twitch like a drunk, etc... no balance) but she is eating a little and still uses the litterbox (which is the comic relief in our lives... watching her get in and out of the box... she nearly knocked it over getting in tonight...) and she still grooms herself. Right now she is curled up in my lap and all I want to do is curl up around her and sleep with her on the basement floor.

I am sooooo sad at the thought of losing my Harley cat. I love her bunches and bunches..... My other kittie, Sierra has already written Harley off.... Sierra hisses and growls whenever she gets near Harley..... I have interpreted this as a bad (BAD) sign. why do pets have to die?

Chuck has been totally supportive thru all this... even turned around yesterday morning from his trip to work and went back to the house to fetch Harley and bring her to the hospital. My treat this Halloween is having him at my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home